As Child Welfare Worker Appreciation Week comes to a close, we believe our dedicated colleagues should be recognized every day. One week isn’t long enough to honor these teammates who are continually making strides in keeping children and families thriving.
We’re proud of our staff who are doing whatever it takes to move the needle in protecting children and strengthening families. Last year, at Children’s Home & Aid, more than:
· 1,100 abused or neglected youth received foster care services
· 380 parents benefited from in-home services so they could better care for their children
· 295 children and youth returned to their families or loving, permanent homes
· 40 youth in care with severe emotional and mental health needs received therapeutic residential care at the Rice Child & Family Center
· 600 foster parents, ready to provide a loving home, were licensed
From Foster Care Services to provide the stability children need when separated from their families, to helping parents safely care for and support their children, these heroes are changing lives – every day.
Here’s some final inspiring words from a staff member who worked in our foster care program for a number of years:
“What do I love about my work? That’s a big question. I love the chance to help children and families in disadvantaged situations with opportunities to overcome the challenges they’re faced with. I’m passionate about helping parents and supporting them with secure, safe and loving home environments so their children can thrive and have opportunities that perhaps their parents were not given. I feel blessed by the families I’ve had a chance to work with over the years and for everything they’ve taught me. And I’m humbled by the trust families have granted me while helping and supporting them during their times of distress and most vulnerable moments.”