We’re excited to introduce Dawnielle Jeffrey as our new Vice President of Early Childhood Services. She takes over for Jan Stepto-Millett, who stepped up as Interim Chief Operating Officer in September 2018. Dawnielle is a familiar face at Children’s Home & Aid—she joined the agency in April 2013 as the Director of Education. Dawnielle brings with with her more than 16 years of of leadership, research and experience in early childhood education.
Dawnielle has an impressive track record as a leader in early childhood education, including as a UCLA Head Start Management Fellow. Prior to moving to Illinois, Dawnielle worked at CAP Tulsa, a leading force in child and family advocacy, early education and two-generation program design, where she served in many capacities including: Teacher, Master Teacher, Special Services Manager, Associate Director of Compliance, and Associate Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
As Vice President of Early Childhood Services, Dawnielle oversees the day-to-day operations and development of all early childhood programming at Children’s Home & Aid’s four Metro Chicago early childhood centers in Englewood, Carpentersville, Palatine a Schaumburg.
“Our work at Children’s Home & Aid is about supporting both children and families,” Dawnielle notes. “It’s exciting to be part of this two-generational approach focused on creating opportunities for and meeting the needs of children and those who care for them. Our early childhood centers not only provide a strong curriculum for children so that they’re kindergarten-ready, but we make sure families are connected with the services they need to thrive.”
Now for a few fun facts about Dawnielle:
- Dawnielle was born and raised in Tulsa, OK.
- She is a self-described professional baker and is famous for her cookies and cupcakes.
- Her favorite vacation spot is Temecula, CA.
- She lives in Naperville with her husband and two daughters, ages 9 and 15.
- Dawnielle’s favorite quote is “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships” by Michael Jordan and she strives to live by these words of wisdom while leading her team at Children’s Home & Aid.